10.08.2012

DIY wall art: basic bunting


basic bunting. also known as: the easiest wall art project ever. it took me 5 minutes to make and hang, and I already had all the materials on hand. and it's so cute!

[please disregard that weird little pink bunny on our tv stand. he came free with a pack of duracell batteries and I completely did not see him in these photos until I started writing this post. so he stays.]


I've been a little slow to decorate our apartment here in Taiwan, but the living room walls have really been bugging me. they're just so big, and white, and blank. I bought some canvases but haven't made the commitment to painting them yet. I wanted to do something that was fall-ish but not overly so, since it still feels a bit like summer out. I also wanted to keep if neutral, since our living room furniture is pretty bright.


this project was so simple to make. hang a length of twine on the wall. cut out triangles from brown kraft paper [or use colored paper if you like] and attach to the twine. you can glue the paper on, or just use little clips or pins. I had these mini clothespins on hand and I think they go right with the neutral color scheme.


and that's it! I thought of painting the triangles or adding letters to spell something, but for now I like it plain. something very simple that brings in just a touch of whimsy and fun. and it makes me smile every time I look at the wall.

speaking of the wall, I'm going to give away a big secret here. my wall actually does not look like the above photo. I did a little photoshop to make it look better, but I'm going to be honest with you.


the wall really looks like this. one of the joys of living in a school-owned apartment overseas? cement walls, fun wires and light switches in random places. [on the plus side, the nails I hung the bunting on were already in the wall.] I think that's another reason why I've been slow to decorate...but at least the bunting is a start!


5 comments:

  1. I loveeee bunting looks good! I want to make a fabric one!

    Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'm sure you could just cut triangles of fabric and hang like I did, super easy.

      Delete
  2. Cute! And, oh my! I have a bunch of wrinkles I'd like you to photo shop away! I need to learn how to do that! :-)xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hush, what wrinkles? xo

      Delete
  3. Cute! I've always liked the idea of bunting but never committed to making it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...