2.08.2013

mission accomplished


boracay // beach hair // my life for the past 3 weeks

we are back, and I don't even know where to start. maybe my brain is still on island time. back-to-back beach vacations. two completely different experiences. I want to share everything. and at the same time continue doing little to nothing internet related. so, the what is likely to be dozens of posts about my recent travels to follow may be slow in coming, but I hope to give you more than just the guidebook version. [though you'll probably get that too.]

I intentionally left my cameras at home a few days, but I still have so. many. photos. including several series of beach/sunset where there are literally a hundred almost identical photos all completely gorgeous and I'm just lost for what to do with them all. but... I'd rather have too many photos than not enough.

these trips were very different from what I am used to in traveling, but I think I handled the experience well. I definitely overpacked. but still had space in my bag for some souvenirs and didn't go over luggage weight. I wore sunscreen every day. spf 30 sunscreen. [I really must be growing up if I'm taking skin protection seriously.] I packed gluten-free snacks which saved me from starving to death in airports. I filled 17 pages in my new journal and shot 2 packs of instant film. I drank out of coconuts and ate real bacon. I went out in public... without mascara.

but mostly, I tried not to overthink things. to enjoy the moment. to relax. and to just be open to whatever new experience or crazy adventure happened to show up that day.

mission accomplished.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like the best beach vacation! I know when I ditch makeup, I'm totally relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did not know this island before very nice !
    Hoping to go someday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the beach is absolutely gorgeous, though the area is pretty developed and touristy. it's known for scuba divers because the water is so clear.

      Delete
  3. Not to be creepy... but you're kindof a babe! What do you do to stay in shape? Tell me your secrets... and also where you got that adorable swimsuit ;)

    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I haven't done much since the scooter crash last october, a little bit of biking/elliptical and yoga. [and by a little, I mean I've been to the gym maybe 10 times since the crash.] the swimsuit is from Anthropologie, Zimmerman is the brand. worth every dime!

      Delete
  4. And your nails! What color?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey J Crew is on the phone & wants to know how soon you can get back over here and get to work. looking babe-ish there girlfriend. and happy! welcome back. can't wait to catch up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! thanks, tell them to call anytime!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...