3.04.2013

currently

// first shot on my new camera [taken by accident]

loving: my new Canon EOS M [and of course my husband that bought her for me]. imagine the lovechild of a 3-way between an SLR, powershot, and and iPhone...and that's the M. I'm still getting used to having all the controls through the rear touchscreen [hence the accidental photos via touch shutter release] but it's a pretty incredible piece of machinery. Husband actually knew about the EOS M before I did, and was plotting to get it for my birthday. I discovered it a few weeks ago and have been doing research and was planning for it to be my next big camera purchase, eventually. so the other day we were in an electronics store and I wanted to check out the camera case, and it turns out to be on sale. and in one of those moments, Husband turns to me and says "well, I was going to wait until your birthday, but if I can save $200 by buying it now..." did I mention I love him?

sweating: I've been trying to get back into a routine post-vacation. mondays are for circuits. and I'm trying to spend 1 or 2 days on the elliptical, and 1 or 2 days walking around outside. [that way I get some fresh air and to explore]. but saturday I went for my first real run since the scooter crash. I ran a mile. a mile! and I had no knee pain while running. I'm also super excited because I can finally start using the running watch I bought last fall [but never had the chance to use.]

cooking up: crock pot black beans, fish + chips, home made peanut butter, egg muffins. figuring out how to make these things in my teeny tiny kitchen with nothing but a toaster oven and a magic bullet blender makes me feel like a domestic goddess. not that any of the recipes are overly complicated. but the victory comes in finding a way to make it work with what we have, even if the result is a little unexpected. [the egg muffins I made today puffed up like souffles... and then deflated.]

watching: less. that's right, Husband and I are trying to cut back on the amount of tv + movies we watch. we may or may not be those people who will buy a tv season on iTunes and sit down and watch the whole thing in one afternoon. so we've started limiting the days of the week that we turn on the tv. and also limiting the number of episodes we watch in one sitting- most recently, Game of Thrones and X Files. this means we've been reading more, and getting outside more. both very good things.

planning: a weekend trip to Hong Kong at the end of March. which is... in 3 weeks. how did that happen? we are also working on travel plans for this summer. trying to coordinate schedules. for both visitors and visits. I swear I've spent 6 hours scouring the internet for flight options for one trip. which means I run away from my computer in frustration when I get a chance instead of blogging or editing vacation photos... you get the point. but I'm hoping things will get wrapped up soon, so once summer hits we can just sit back and enjoy. it's going to be a good one.


["currently" post inspired by Danielle at Sometimes Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...