8.03.2014

what I did on my summer vacation


hello, hello! it's officially August which means my blog vacation is over and I'm back to posting again... is it weird to say I've missed typing? I obviously was not able to stay away from the blog completely [hence the new design] but I've been wanting to figure out HTML and CSS coding for some time and I finally sat down and did it. knowing me, I'll be tweaking things for a while but I am SUPER PROUD that I've coded this site from scratch.

other than the new site design, I've been up to quite a bit this past month. in true Jamie fashion, I'm going to kick things off here with a list. this past month while on my blog break I:

+ spent time with family and friends I hadn't seen in a year [or two]

+ started an instagram series featuring everyone's favorite bendy green guy

+ went over a desert and under a cave.

+ beat the Lego Movie video game for PS3 with Husband... in about a week of playing.

+ biked around Mackinac Island and ate about a pound of fudge.

+ finished the paper markup on my manuscript first draft.

+ won the make waves essay contest with my post on not being afraid of your own splash.

+ became obsessed with writing reviews on TripAdvisor.

+ visited San Diego and took approximately ZERO pictures, but had a wonderful time.

+ met my newest nephew, Howard Sebastian.

+ attended two weddings- once as a bridesmaid, and once as a wife of a groomsman.

+ ate In-N-Out Burger for the first time. and second, third, fourth, and fifth times. [protien style animal is where it's at, kids.]

+ wrote a guest post on how life in Taiwan has changed me for Marielle's "hello world" series.

+ experienced brisket in Texas and fish tacos in California - both amazingly delicious.

+ spilled an entire cup of coffee in the middle of the airport at 5am.

+ celebrated that each of the 13 kids in Husband's AP World History course scored a 5 of 5 on their exams.

+ found a pack of baby raccoons in the neighbor's garage. [so. stinkin. cute.]

+ ate pie for breakfast... at least 4 times




in other words, I've been traveling around like a maniac but eating tons of good food and having a LOT of fun. I'm not sure how much posting I'll be doing from here until we head back to Taiwan [three weeks, eek!] but I'm going to do my best.

I hope you all have been having a lovely summer and I can't wait to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...